Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Vicious Cycle

I had originally planned to write about these, but something more shocking and immediate has come up. That being said, I do have a few comments about Rap Snacks that I think should probably be addressed. I will start by saying that I have in fact consumed "Bar-B-Queing with my Honey" flavored chips brought to me by Lil' Romeo. Although I am not familiar with his body of work, I did like some of his father's creations, including this, and yes, even this. I will also point out that Lil' Romeo would like you to stay in school. No word on where his degree is from, but I will look in to it. I would also like to point out that many of the messages are very education oriented, so this one seems a little out of place, even if it is coming from the Youngbloodz. On a side not, one of my favorite songs of all time features the Youngbloodz, and every other song I have head by them is pretty much awful. I guess we will chalk that one up to Outkast. I wonder what their Rap Snacks would say?

Ok, enough of that. On to a more PRESSING issue. Let me preface this rant by saying that I understand that public bathrooms are gross, and from what I have heard/seen (while doing chores at the house) girls bathrooms are worse than guys bathrooms in this regard. That is not the issue. What I am taking issue with is the issue of WHY, and the vicious cycle that I perceive to be causing said phenomenon. Now, this morning, when I went to use the restroom, one of the stalls had SHIT (poop, feces, excrement, doo-doo, etc.) ON THE SEAT. Clearly no one now wants to sit on this particular surface, and if forced at gunpoint to use this toilet, would probably deploy the "squat technique" that I have heard discussed by female-types (usually while at a bar after a guy remarks about the dampness of the floor around a urinal). HOWEVER, it is not a fantastical logical leap to assume that the very same "squat technique" was being utilized in order to create this situation in the first place. You see, according to what I learned in Biology class, if you ass is PRESSING against the seat, there is no way that things can get ON the seat. For the sake of argument, let us assume that someone sees a toilet right after it has been cleaned. This person actually SEES that it is being cleaned, and waits until the cleaning is done, then guards it until it has time to completely dry. We can describe this toilet as "pristine". It would make no sense to squat, correct? Now, after this person uses the toilet, being sure to PRESS firmly, thus sealing off any sort of debris, is it really that much worse to sit on? worse than say, the knobs on the sink that are touched IMMEDIATELY after people "handle themselves" so to speak? I say no. And assuming that everyone followed that philosophy, then it would remain that way. Frankly, I feel like anyone that cannot handle that, should not be using a public toilet, because I think we can all agree that when business is done directly on the seat, then no one, germophobe or no, wants to use that facility anymore. Just as a final note, this particular toilet was also the one closest to those tissue paper seat covers. I really hate people sometimes.

No comments: